Actress-Jennifer Lawrence has this year too taken the spot of Forbes’ world’s highest-paid actress–a spot she occupied in 2015.
For this year, Lawrence notched “$46 million pretax over 12 months–$13 million more than second-ranked Melissa McCarthy, who pocketed $33 million,” reports Forbes.
Jennifer Lawrence’s earnings were down 11.5% from $52 million in 2015, yet she took the top spot, largely due to huge profit she obtained from the final Hunger Games installment–together with a $20 million payment for an upcoming sci-fi drama-Passengers.
Melissa McCarthy, 45, who scored the second position this year received an increase of $10 million on 2015′s estimate earnings, on the back of a reported eight-figure payday for Ghostbusters.
Forbes: The world’s 10 highest-paid actresses in 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence, U.S. ($46 million)
- Melissa McCarthy, U.S. ($33 million)
- Scarlett Johansson, U.S. ($25 million)
- Jennifer Aniston, U.S. ($21 million)
- Fan Bingbing, China. ($17 million)
- Charlize Theron, U.S./South Africa. ($16.5 million)
- Amy Adams, U.S. ($13.5 million)
- Julia Roberts, U.S. ($12 million)
- Mila Kunis, U.S. ($11 million)
- Deepika Padukone, India. ($10 million)